Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Retreat--Day 3

Today is the last day of the retreat for me. (Insert sad face here.) I have had a wonderful time and have met some very nice people.

I finally have something to show; I finished another pin today. The photo on the left is the piece before it is cut out and before the black outline stitching has been done. The finished pin is on the right.

I did get a row sewn together for my hexagon quilt.

Look at the cute, tiny scissors I bought. They are made by Bohin and are great for my embroidery and hexie work. My friend, Robin S, made me a REALLY cute scissors case for them (since one didn't come with them). Check it out.

Speaking of Robin S, look what her dog did to a spool of her silk thread. The dog now lives with the neighbors!

There were even more quilts shown today. These two quilts are two of five quilts made for Quilts of Valor at the retreat. Some of the ladies pieced these and others volunteered to quilt and/or bind them. If you'd like to check out the Quilts of Valor program, click here.

These were some more quilt tops finished today.

It has been a really fun three days. I sure hate for it to be over. Thanks Jean Shaw for putting on such a nice retreat.

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love each and every one of these quilts.
Those little scissors are cute. Perfect for how you are using them. The case is useful and pretty.
I am beginning to think that you will get that hexie quilt finished. :) It is so pretty. Love all the color.

Kathleen Loomis said...

your pin looks wonderful!

I didn't know you were sewing on the hexagons on row at a time -- thought in the past you were making larger sectors and attaching them to the main piece. always fascinated to watch this project coming along!

Anonymous said...

Your hexagon quilt is looking amazing! I would have gotten rid of that dog, too. =)