Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Retreat--Day 2

I am in day 2 of this quilting retreat. You really find out some interesting things at a retreat. One of the quilters shared this YouTube video. You have heard the line, "you can quilt that out," well this video address that in a REALLY funny way. Check it out here. I've also learned how to make a very simple very nice cover for my scissors. I'm going to test it out on a new pair of tiny scissors I just got. I'll share as soon as I get time.

I had been told that the food at this quilting retreat was REALLY good, but I had NO idea how good (or how much). They serve a fabulous breakfast followed by snacks in the afternoon and desserts later in the evening. Here is a little sample.

After we eat, there IS some work that gets done.

I know those of you that do piecing are already impressed with how beautiful this block is. You'll be even MORE impressed when I tell you the block measures only 12" finished.

I sure wouldn't mind getting this quilt for Valentine's Day.

This little paper-pieced quilt is a stunner.

Have you noticed you haven't seen anything of mine in these pics? Well, it is because I didn't even bring a sewing machine with me. I'm doing handwork on some "extreme embroidery" pins, my "forever" hexagon quilt, my larger "extreme embroidery" piece, and another project. It is SLOW going. I haven't made enough progress to make for any interesting pictures. Of course, visiting, eating, and checking out everyone's projects does take some time. (Insert smiley face here!)

 

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These works seem extreme to me, all of those little pieces. The big star (second picture) looks like a big bowl of candy. Hmmm Maybe that was the intro pictures guiding my thoughts. Can't wait to see some of your extreme embroidery.

dana said...

It looks like this is a retreat for very experienced artists to me. I can't wait to see more projects. And, the food does look wonderful.