Friday, February 27, 2015

Spring Mill Winter Quilt Retreat

This past weekend was my guild's annual winter retreat held at the inn at Spring Mill State Park in Mitchell, IN. We were extremely lucky weather wise. We had really bad weather right before we left to get there and while we were there, but it cleared up nicely for us to get home.

Retreats are a nice break from routine. I get traditional work done that I don't really have time for at home. It is also a really nice chance to get to know some new people and renew friendships with old friends. Here are some photos of some of things people worked on during this retreat.

I finished this top.

Here are a few more pics. (They take forever for me to load to these blog posts, so at the end of this post, I'll give you a link to see all the pictures I had posted to our Patoka Valley Quilt Guild Facebook page.)

Becky Fuller brought this along to quilt. She does some MAJOR paper-pieced patterns!

Robin Walston made this sweet top.

Lora Nale finished this quilt. She LOVES to make quilts with thousands of small pieces.

Sandy Russell finished this quilt top. THIS WAS NOT A KIT; she picked out all these fabrics herself!

There are SO many more beautiful quilt tops, wall hangings, and table toppers to see. Be sure to check them out here--Patoka Valley Quilt Guild.

 

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am always amazed at the quilts you show. WOW. Spring Mill is a lovely place to be. I can imagine all the snow and cold with you ladies sitting around quilting and talking.

dana said...

I checked out all the pics and all really pretty pieces. I see Mary Alice is still making those little log cabins. All beautiful!

Robbie said...

Our kids live in Mitchell!!!! Your world and my world are getting smaller and smaller! HA