Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fabulous Fibers II

I'm excited to report that I have been asked to participate in a fiber art exhibit at the John James Audubon Museum in Henderson, Kentucky. I had the opportunity to show several of my pieces as this is a large exhibition area; however, I already have a previous committment of most of my work. The time for my trunk show and lecture to a Florida guild in January overlaps with this event. Since my lecture and correspondng trunk show are about my journey from being strictly a traditional quilter to an art quilter, I feel like I need to have several "art" pieces to show; and since each piece of my work takes such a long time, I don't have a whole lot of inventory. So...I only have three pieces in the Fabulous Fibers exhibit. Two of the pieces haven't been shown anywhere before. (Both of the new ones are shown on this "email invitation.")

If you get a chance to see this exhibit, it should be a good one. All the artists showing work with mine are fabulous artists. I feel honored to have some of my work included with theirs. More information about the exhibit is shown below.

 

2 comments:

dana said...

So glad you are getting the much deserved recognition you deserve for your hard work making such beautiful pieces. Love your artwork!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Way to go Beth. You need to stop all this traveling and whip up some more quilts. ;)