Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Look What I Found!

In my quest to use up some of my stash, I am finding projects I have forgotten about. I found this batik project in a big plastic bin along with some other partially finished items. I'll be sharing some of these along with my progress on them (if there is any). (Sorry about the picture quality. I just had the pieces arranged on my studio floor and took the pic with my iPhone, but I think you can get the idea.)

I'll have to cut five more 6 1/2" batik blocks (which won't be a problem with the stash I have), and hand blanket stitch around the centers of those five. (Now that I've looked at this photograph, I'm thinking those green batiks have to go. They really jump out at me. It looks like I'll need to make seven new blocks! I will probably use those two on the back of the quilt.) I'm going to set them together with Kona Ash. I think that will set off the colors nicely. I'm thinking I will use cornerstones. Any suggestions as to what I should use for the cornerstones--same batik, a solid color, maybe no cornerstones? Or maybe you have a good suggestion for a totally different setting all together? I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.

 

4 comments:

RenaM said...

What about setting the blocks on point? With or w/o sashing/cornerstones, or with alternating unpieced blocks?

Quilter Beth said...

Rena, I think I will do some experimenting with the set. I will deinitely lay them out on point to see if I like that. Thanks for commenting.

Unknown said...

I think cornerstones in that green would perk this right up.

Quilter Beth said...

Robin, you might be right about that. I'll take a look at it if I have any more of the green. Having it doesn't mean I'll be able to find it!