Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Work for the Fire Blog

For the month of July, on the And Then We Set It On Fire blog, we worked on a mixed media surface design technique outlined in "Stitch, Cloth, Paper & Paint" by Angie Hughes. I was slow in getting started, but finally got my piece painted today. I haven't decided, yet, whether I will use it "as is" or not. I may do a bit more hand stitching--not sure yet. I'm thinking of cutting it to size, wrapping it around a canvas, and adding a couple more small pieces on top of it. Anyway...here it is after being painted. I used my iPad to take the photo, and I'm not sure why, but the lines that appear to be gold are actually silver. (Please click on this picture to get a better look. You can REALLY see the texture if you do.)

If you'd like to check out the steps I used on this piece, check out Step 1 and Step 2 on the Fire blog.

You also need to check out this month's technique presented by Lisa Kerpoe--sugar resist. She has a great tutorial on making some beautiful one-of-a-kind fabrics. If you leave a comment by August 6, you can win a resist-dyed sample set including 7 pieces of cloth, totaling about 1 yard of fabric. The set includes cotton, silk noil, rayon and silk/cotton. If you would like to enter the drawing, leave a comment on this Fire post.

No comments: